At Wendell Baptist Church we have a Unified Worship Service. As a church, we wholeheartedly believe that the gospel message is for everyone and we seek to worship in a way that unites and touches hearts. As a result of our desire to be united, our Worship Service is very eclectic in style, dress, music and just about everything else. We seek to create a dynamic and timeless worship service that is God-glorifying, theologically rich, and heart-changing. Please join us this upcoming Sunday morning at 8:30 or 11:00, in the Sanctuary, and experience a time of Worship as we exalt God through prayers, music, and the preaching of God's Word.
At WBC, our services are constructed in order to glorify God by offering Him worship founded upon His Word and to edify, unify, and uplift the bride of Christ, His church.
Worship Through Song: The Bible contains over 400 references to singing and over 50 direct commands to sing to the Lord. God delights in our heartfelt worship!
- "Sing to the Lord, sing praises to Him." Psalm 105:2
- "Come before Him with joyful singing." Psalm 100:2
- "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly... singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:16
Preaching and Teaching the Word: The Bible is the foundation upon which we build our faith and provides us the direction to grow personally and as a church body. Faithful biblical exposition is therefore the foundation upon which we plan our service.
- "Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching." 2 Timothy 4:2
Reading of God's Word: Our desire is to be saturated by the Word of God. We seek to infuse Scripture into as many elements of our worship services as possible.
- "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- "So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, 'If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'" John 8:31-32
Godly Fellowship with Other Believers: We were made for community and at WBC we are good at fellowship before, during, and after the service and we often meet together, maybe over a meal, just for the sake of Christian fellowship.
- "And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another..." Hebrews 10:25
- "And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers." Acts 2:42
Corporate Prayer: We take time during our service to pray to the Lord together as His church.
- "Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” Matthew 18:19-20
- "All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer..." Acts 1:14a
- "But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” Acts 6:4
Giving of Tithes and Offerings: It is a blessing and joy to give to the work of the Kingdom of God and we celebrate the work of His ministry through giving as we are able to .
- "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7
- "Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce..." Proverbs 3:9
Taking of Communion: We practice the ordinance of the Lord's supper periodically throughout the year to honor and reverently remember the broken body and spilt blood of Christ on the cross for our sins.
- "For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes." 1 Corinthians 11:26
- "And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, 'This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.' And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, 'This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.'" Luke 22:19-20
Believers Baptism: This is our favorite way to start a service! We follow the ordinance of baptism after a confession of faith in Christ is made. Following the example set by our Lord, the act of baptism is not what saves you but rather is a public proclamation and celebration of the faith we have in Christ!
- "We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4
- "So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls." Acts 2:41
- "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ." Galatians 3:27