- What is Dinner for Eight (DF8)? Dinner for Eight is a great way to meet folks from church that you may not already know. Groups get together once a month starting in September for four consecutive months. You share meals at participants’ homes or at local restaurants. The emphasis is on fun and fellowship, so you don't have to be a gourmet cook.
- How does a DF8 group work? Sign-up below or fill out a form in the church office or contact Sandy and ask her to sign you up. Once groups are formed, a Group Coordinator will be selected for each group. The Group Coordinator will contact members to arrange the details for the first gathering. It is highly recommended that future gatherings are scheduled during your first night together.
- How are the meals done? It is up to the group! Each time you get together a different couple* hosts the group! The hosts can make the entire meal, or have other participants bring sides or desserts. Or, the hosts may choose to have the group visit a local restaurant or other venue.
*If you have singles in your group, you can have one of them host one month or have more than one team up to be the host.
- How are the DF8 groups formed? As DF8 groups are formed, our goal will be to put people together so that each group has, at most, eight adults. Groups may be comprised of all couples, two couples and four singles, one couple and six singles, etc. It all depends on who signs up. The mystery is part of this ministry's excitement!
- What about families with children? Your group will determine the answer here, bearing in mind that your preference for the kind of group you are interested in will have been taken into account initially.
- What happens after our last gathering? Hopefully, you will have had a rewarding experience and look forward to similar experiences at Wendell Baptist. After the last gathering, you may wish to stay connected and continue to hang out together. As well, the next time Wendell promotes DF8 you can sign up again to get to know others in the church.