Church (WBC) – Wendell, NC
Wendell Baptist Church in Wendell, North Carolina is seeking to call a part-time Director of Children. WBC is in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. We are a congregationally led church that uses a team model for ministry. The diaconate consist of men and women who are servants of the church. Our Mission Statement is to Delight in Christ, Develop into His image, Devote to the Great Commission. Our Vision Statement is to Evangelize everyone, establish them in the church and equip them for life and missions. Fuller statements about Our Beliefs can be found on other pages of our website.
WBC is looking for a part-time Director of Children to lovingly direct the children of the church and to explain God’s inerrant Word faithfully. The Director of Children would also:
- This position is responsible to the Pastor for providing staff leadership to the entire church children’s programs. Including the following:
- Sunday School
- Wednesday Night programs (e.g. RA’s and GA’s)
- Preschool Chapel
- Nursery (Sunday mornings for 2 services)
- This involves assisting church program leaders in planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive ministry of children in support of the mission and objectives of the church.
- Working and leading the volunteers including training, background checks, and other oversight duties.
- He/she will attend regular staff meetings as scheduled by the pastor. Unless otherwise indicated, in writing, at the time of employment, the part-time position is 20 hours per week.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the total children program of the church including the children’s curriculum.
- Involve the children in regular Bible study, discipleship activities, fellowship, mission actions, recreation, conferences, retreats and camps.
- Give direction to the overall children outreach and visitation program with attention to the unsaved and inactive.
- Seek opportunities to be with the children, offering friendship and guidance, and being available to them for counseling needs.
- Provide opportunities for the personal development and nurturing of the children, helping them to grow in Christian lifestyle and service to others, as well as understanding the work and mission of the local church.
- Regular administrative duties would include: preparation of information for weekly bulletins, social media posts (with appropriate permissions), church newsletter and other local publicity, preparation of a monthly calendar, attending weekly church staff meetings as planned by the pastor and organization of children activities.
- Post schedule of office hours.
- Perform other administrative duties as deemed necessary by the Pastor.
Knowledge and skills of:
- Program development
- Coordinating with other teams (e.g. Youth, Hispanic Ministry, Preschool)
- Technical/Computer skills (e.g. MS Office, social media)
- Bachelor’s degree in
children, ministry or related field of study
- Or in the process of earning the above degree
- Leading children’s programs or related ministry
- Children Safety and background check process
- Hiring range will vary based on level of experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the following email: email@example.com.
Deadline for resume submissions is December 7th, 2018.