On February 14th, we are going to be having communion. We will be adjusting how we do it to provide a safe experience. For those attending on campus, you will receive an individual communion set. It will be prepackaged and you will open it when led to do so. We will give you directions on how to discard of the set safely when the service is over.
For those not attending the service on campus but desiring to participate, you have two options.
1) You can pick up a prepackaged communion set at the contactless drive-thru days and times listed below. You can then watch the livestream and partake with us.
2) You can follow the directions below on how to prepare the elements from items you may have at home. You can then watch the livestream and partake with us.
Who can participate:
- Individuals who have professed their faith in Jesus Christ, have taken the first step of obedience and been baptized, and have a clear conscience/good standing amongst the church family
(read Matthew 5:23-24, Matthew 18:15-20, 1 Corinthians 11:23-34 for further study).
How to prepare the meal at home.
- The simplest thing is to have some bread and juice ready and use them during the communion. To be more accurate and in the spirit of things, unleavened bread is to be used (an example would be matzos crackers available at various grocery stores). As well, it should be grape juice not wine.
For the bread was without leaven (Exodus 12:14-20), fermentation, therefore the cup is without alcohol, fermentation. As you read each account of the Lord's supper you won't find one that mentions wine. It only mentions that He took "the cup".
"But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom." Matt 26:29 (Greek word ghennema which means the offspring of something, the fruit of the vine...a grape).
- You can either have the elements set out for each participant to get their own or have a family member pass them out to each participant.
When and where to pick up a prepackaged communion set.
- Drive through the church office parking lot across from the large fellowship hall. 302 N. Pine St. We will be wearing masks and it will be a contactless drive-thru.
- February 9th, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- February 11th, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- If these times or options don’t work for you, contact the church office and we’ll setup another time or option if able.